If you have not signed up for one of the two Youth Ministry Kick-off sessions yet, I have one question: Are you out of your mind? Let’s get going and sign-up yourself and your youth ministry associates (volunteers) or anyone else who works with high school youth for this blessed event.
Every year it is a wonderful challenge to try to find a speaker who will inspire you and your team. However, this year after seeing Dr. Bob Rice at the adult youth ministry conference in New Orleans in 2010 and then seeing him at multiple events at the National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) in 2011 I knew that we needed him to come to the Des Moines Diocese to help us grow comprehensive ministry with high school students throughout our diocese.
Dr. Bob Rice desires to share the love of God using every talent he has been blessed with.
- he is a Professor of Theology, specializing in Catechetics at Franciscan University of Steubenville, Ohio,
- he ministers to over twenty thousand people each year by hosting conferences, giving talks, teaching workshops, leading worship, and performing original music
- he has written numerous articles, has a popular blog, and just released his first novel, “Between the Savior and the Sea,” which tells the Gospel story from Simon Peter’s point of view
Bob’s creative use of humor, personal stories, and extensive knowledge of the Faith have made him an internationally sought after speaker for people of all ages.
The Youth Ministry Kick-Off will be held twice next week.
- Thursday, August 23rd at All Saints Catholic Church in Stuart from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm – everyone is welcome but this evening opportunity is designed for part-time youth ministers and catechetical leaders, youth ministry associates (volunteers) and catechists, to spend an evening with Bob Rice as he presents on youth culture. A light dinner will be provided
- Friday, August 24th at Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church in Atlantic from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm – everyone is welcome for this event too and it is designed for full-time youth ministers, catechetical leaders, youth ministry associates, and catechists, to spend the day with Bob Rice as he presents on youth culture. Lunch will be provided.
Please RSVP to Sherri SImmer by Monday, August 20 so that we have an accurate number for food and materials.
Below is a short video from Dr. Bob Rice in Life Teen’s OneEight Confirmation process. This video will give you an idea of the gifts that Dr. Rice has for you and your ministry: whether that ministry is found within comprehensive youth ministry or within a catechetical setting. Don’t miss Dr. Bob Rice and your colleagues on August 23 & 24.